The Science Centre Singapore (SCS) has reopened their Omni-Theatre digitally enhanced with the world’s latest and brightest 8K digital fulldome system to complement the existing IMAX 70mm film projection system on Southeast Asia’s largest seamless dome screen.
Here are some of the shows that you can catch at this revamped Omni-Theatre.
Back to the Moon for Good (Digital Fulldome Movie)
This 40 minute movie chronicles teams around the world competing for the largest international incentivised prize in history, by landing a robotic spacecraft on the Moon. To win, they must land a robotic spacecraft on the Moon, navigate 500 metres over the lunar surface, and send video, images and data back to Earth.
What’s Up There? (Live Show conducted by SCS’ Science Educators)
What stars, planets and constellations are in the skies tonight? As the Earth spins around the Sun, we will see different portions of the night sky. Every week brings a slightly different visual spectacle to the skies overhead. In this “Live” show, our Science Educator will bring you on a tour of the current night sky, point out the beautiful sights and share fascinating stories about the stars.
Cosmic Surfing (Live Show conducted by SCS’ Science Educators)
8 minutes – that’s how long a beam of light takes to travel from the Sun to the Earth. That may sound like a huge distance, but it’s only a small step compared to the size of our entire Solar System. Yet, the Solar System itself is but a small blip compared to the Milky Way Galaxy. But how big is our Galaxy compared to the rest of the Universe?
We have five (5) pairs of tickets to the Omni-Theatre, applicable to watch ‘Back to the Moon for Good’ and ‘Cosmic Surfing’ shows, to give away to inSing readers.
Simply answer this question correctly to qualify.
Q: Which of the following is not a show at the Omni-Theatre?
a. Back to the Moon for Good
b. Cosmic Surfing
Submit your answers along with your particulars below.
The contest has ended. Thank you for your participation. Congratulations to the winners! Please check your emails for collection details.
|Meng Sun Leong||Sxxxx096C|
|Kah Bee Ong||Sxxxx888H|
|Goh San Kheng||Sxxxx647Z|
Please note: Tickets to be collected from inSing office. Tickets are valid for three months from printed date.
Contest ends: 13 July 2015, Monday
Terms and Conditions
1. The “inSing takes you to…The Omni-Theatre” contest (the “Contest”) is organised SingTel Digital Media Pte. Ltd (the “Organiser”), who is the operator of the inSing website and all its subsidiaries.
2. Your participation in the Contest shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the terms and conditions herein (the “Terms”).
3. The Contest is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents / Student / Work Pass holders over the age of 18. Employees of the Organizer, its associated companies, sub-contractors and agents and their immediate families may participate in the Contest but are not eligible to win or claim the Prize. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide the Organizer or a third party appointed by the Organiser with proof of age and/or identity.
4. The Contest will run from 30 June to 13 July 2015 and will close on 13 July 2015 at 23:59 hours.
5. Participants to the Contest (the “Participant(s)”) are required to answer the question(s) posted in the contest article. To qualify, Participants must fill up their particulars and submit their answers in the entry form within the contest article and click on the “submit” button.
6. The Organizer shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. Multiple entries submitted through by the same individual per NRIC / Passport Number / Email will be disqualified.
7. The Participant’s information may be used for marketing, planning, promotions, research, events and/or any other purposes and programs henceforth. If you do not consent to your information being used in the above manner, please do not participate in this Contest.
8. The Participant grants to the Organiser a perpetual, full and unrestricted license to use all content in the Contest entries submitted by the Participant in any way and the Organiser may use or amend the content in the Contest entries in any manner it deems fit, including publishing the answers on the Organiser’s websites, press and/or any other media. If you do not consent to the grant of such a license, please do not participate in this Contest.
9. The Organiser will select 5 winners to win the prize(s) (the “Prize”). The determination of the best entry shall be at the sole discretion of the Organiser. The Organiser’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the award of the Prize and shall not be subject to review or appeal by you or any third party. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any Winner subsequently found to be disqualified for any reason.
10. The judging of the entries will be conducted on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 at 10am and the winning participant(s) (the “Winner(s)”) will be announced at about 12pm. Like us on Facebook to get alerts when we announce the Winner(s).
11. The Organiser shall notify the Winner(s) via e-mail or phone number submitted by the Participant(s) in the entry form.
12. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Winner does not collect the Prize by Monday, 3 August 2014, the Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his / her claim to the prize and the Organizer shall not have any obligation whatsoever to compensate the Winner in any way.
13. To redeem the Prize, the Winner must present his/her identification card/passport bearing the name and identification number corresponding to the information given in the entry form submitted by the Participant. In an event where the prize collection is from a Third Party, the Organiser will provide the Participant(s) identification number and mobile number to the Third Party for use of prize collection only.
14. The Organiser may, at its sole and absolute discretion, declare any entry void if the Winner fails to produce the above.
15. The Prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The Winner shall be solely responsible for any taxes levied by the relevant authorities in relation to the delivery or receipt of the Prize.
16. The Organizer reserves the right to disclose the Winner’s name and identity, and use the Winner’s pictures for publicity purposes.
17. The Organizer reserves the rights to change the Prize to something of similar value even after it has been officially announced.
18. Your participation in The Contest is considered your agreement that the Organizer may contact you for marketing purposes.
19. By entering the Contest, the Participant to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any damages whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection The Contest or the acceptance of the Prize.
20. The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to cancel, modify or suspend The Contest if, in its sole judgment, The Contest is not capable of being conducted as specified.
21. The Organizer reserves the right to alter these Terms at any time and in its sole discretion.
22. These Terms and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Singapore law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.