This is a story of love and understanding set amidst the tensions and uncertainties of the days immediately following the Japanese surrender at the end of World War II. On the staff of General Douglas MacArthur, the de facto ruler of Japan as Supreme Commander of the occupying forces, a leading Japanese expert, General Bonner Fellers is charged with reaching a decision of historical importance: should Emperor Hirohito be tried and hanged as a war criminal?
Interwoven is the story of Fellers' love affair with Aya, a Japanese exchange student he had met years previously in the U.S. Memories of Aya and his quest to find her in the ravaged post-war landscape help Fellers to discover both his wisdom and his humanity and enable him to come to the momentous decision that changed the course of history and the future of two nations.
Stand a chance to win one of 15 pairs of exclusive preview* tickets to 'Emperor'!
The contest period has ended and is now closed.
Here are the winners:
|Koh Huat Teng||Sxxxx099A|
|Hong Wee Teng||Sxxxx883E|
|Eng Kiat Lim||Sxxxx526A|
|Soke Yean Poon||Sxxxx388J|
|Peck Houy Ung||Gxxxx687M|
|Mei Lin Goh||Sxxxx189B|
|Koh Ming Rong Dominic||Sxxxx672D|
*Preview tickets are only valid for movie preview screening scheduled on Monday 20 May, 7.15pm at Cineleisure Orchard (Grange Road) Level 5.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Participants must be 16 years of age or above to participate in the contest.
2. The (“Competition”) is opened to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents / Student / Work Pass holders, except SingTel Digital Media Pte Ltd (“STDM”) employees
3. Contest will run from 14 May 2013 to 17 May 2013.
4. STDM is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. By providing your e-mail address, you grant STDM, the right to send you commercial messages.
5. Multiple entries from the same participant will be disqualified.
6. Like us on Facebook to get alerts when we announce the winners by 17 May 2013.
7. To redeem the prizes, the winner must present his/her identification card number or passport bearing the name and number corresponding to the information given on the website. STDM may, at its sole and absolute discretion, declare any entry void if the winner fails to produce such proper identification documents.
8. All winners will be notified via email and must redeem their tickets on location at Cineleisure Orchard Level 5 on Monday 20 May from 6.45pm to 7.15pm. All prizes not collected by 20 May, 7.15pm shall be forfeited.
9. Winner's name, pictures and prizes may be used for publicity reasons by STDM. Winner’s information may be used for marketing, planning, promotions, research, events and/or any other purposes and programs henceforth. Acceptance of the prize is considered as consent to this usage.
10. All entry content shall become the property of STDM with Contestants agreeing to allow STDM to use and/or amend the entry contents in any manner it deems fit, including publishing the answers of the winners on STDM's websites, press and/or any other media. STDM fully reserves the rights to such publications.
11. STDM reserves the right at any time to replace any participant and/or winner subsequently found to be disqualified for any reason.
12. STDM reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s)