Soccer fans, rejoice! Living legends Pelé, Eric Cantona and Cobi Jones are making their way to Singapore as an official kick-off to The 2011 New York Cosmos Asia Tour.
Here in Singapore from Thursday to Saturday, the legends will make their first appearance at a press conference on Thursday, Mar 3 at the Jalan Basar Stadium prior to the Courts Young Lions match vs. Geyland United – where Pelé, Cantona and Jones will be present to meet the players and fans.
In addition, on Saturday March 5, 2011, Pelé and Cantona will visit Courts Megastore where customers can attend an autograph session by the legends.
If you’re a New York Cosmos fan, you’ll be ecstatic to find out that Courts contest winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York City in June 2011 to watch the 40th Anniversary New York Cosmos Celebration Match!
Other programs taking place in Singapore will include:
- A Q&A session hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore) in conjunction with the U.S.-Asia Pacific Regional Business Summit. AmCham Singapore Chairman Dr. Steve Okun will address “What’s Next In the Soccer World” and will talk to Pelé, Cantona and Jones about the important role that soccer plays to bridge communities;
- A gala dinner with Singapore President S.R. Nathan and his wife in attendance, benefiting the Bone Marrow Donor Programme;
- Ribbon-cutting of a brand new soccer pitch being unveiled at the Singapore Sports School
- A soccer clinic hosted by Cobi Jones with Team Hope, an organization committed to “changing lives through football”; and
- An exclusive launch of the Umbro x New York Cosmos home kit with leading soccer retailer Weston at theirQueensway Shopping Centre Branch.