Nirvana's iconic Nevermind, considered one of the greatest albums of the 1990s and the one that defined a generation, turns 20 on September 24. To celebrate, the band's label, Universal is reissuing the album as a four-CD set featuring unreleased recordings.
Nevermind was the Seattle band's breakthrough album and first album to feature drummer Dave Grohl, who later formed the Foo Fighters. Nevermind catapulted the trio Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl into their status as one of the biggest bands of the 90s, as well as launching grunge into the mainstream. The album sold 30 million copies worldwide.
Win a Nevermind 20th Anniversary Edition Super Deluxe Box Set!
Here’s your chance to get your hands on the 20th anniversary Nevermind super deluxe box set. This limited edition set (worth $200) is so exclusive that there are less than 10,000 pieces in Asia. inSing.com and Universal Music are going to give it away to one lucky reader.
The Super Deluxe contains
- 4-CD and 1 DVD : previously unreleased tracks, rarities, b-sides, BBC radio appearances, alternative mixes, rare live recordings and an unreleased concert in its entirety on DVD.
- A stunning 90-page bound book full of rarely never- before-seen photos, documents and various other visual artifacts of the Nevermind era.
- Original remastered album and accompanying studio and live B-sides
- First full official release of the pre-Nevermind demos recorded at producer Butch Vig's Smart Studios
- Boombox recordings of subsequent rehearsals of "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Come As You Are," "On A Plain", etc
- Devonshire Mixes: the album as produced and mixed by Vig
- A pair of previously unreleased BBC recordings and the aforementioned 1991 Paramount show available for the first time and exclusive to this format on CD and DVD
Contest ends: CLOSED
Jocelyn Lim SXXXX681A
Special discount for inSing.com readers!
Universal Music Singapore and Gramophone are offering a special discount just for inSing readers. Just head down to any Gramophone store with the coupon below and you will get:
- $3 off the remastered 2CD Deluxe Edition of Nirvana’s Nevermind
- $3 off the Live at The Paramount DVD
- $3 off the Live at The Paramount Blu-Ray
Discount valid until 31 December 2011, and may only be used once in a single receipt. Besides accepting a print-out, the coupon can also be flashed at the retail counter using Mobile phones/tablets.
Terms & Conditions:
- STDM is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. By providing your e-mail address, you grant STDM, the right to send you commercial messages, unless specified otherwise as indicated on the entry form.
- Multiple entries from the same participant will be disqualified.
- All winners will be notified via email. Like us on Facebook to get alerts when we announce the winners.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- All entry content shall become the property of STDM with Contestants agreeing to allow STDM to use and/or amend the entry contents in any manner it deems fit, including publishing the answers of the winners on STDM's websites, press and/or any other media. STDM fully reserves the rights to such publications.
- SingTel Digital Media Pte Ltd (STDM) reserves the right at any time to replace any participant and/or winner subsequently found to be disqualified for any reason.
- STDM reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s) and/or issue(s) relating thereto.