Anime fans can rejoice, as the AFA 2012 brings the newest trends in Japanese anime and popular culture to Singapore yet again this November.
In its fifth year, the festival’s new and improved lineup includes “anisong” artistes, a multi-national team of maids and butlers and leading Japanese artist managers and record labels. The three-day extravaganza from 9 to 11 November will be preceded by satellite events in Malaysia and Indonesia.
The satellite events focus on content relevant to the local market, and lead up to the flagship regional festival in Singapore – This time around at least 85,000 visitors are expected!
Held at Singapore Expo, AFA2012 expects to attract visitors from Singapore and beyond – from anime enthusiasts, music lovers and anyone interested in Japanese pop culture.
Highlights of the festival include:
Sea☆A - 'DREAM SHOOTER'
- ILove Anisong Concerts: “Electric Groove” - Three evenings of star-studded J-pop concerts including performances by May'N, FLOW, fripside and Sea☆A
- Regional Cosplay Championship - Top cosplayers from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines compete for the big title. Call for entries for the Singapore preliminary rounds begin mid -August
- Moe Moe Kyun maid and Atelier Royale butler Cafes
- Experience Zones – Buy anime merchandise at Akiba Town, Check out the latest sing-along iOS app - Anime KARAOKE MA'☆, and meet Japan’s leading artist management companies – Amuse Inc., A-Sketch, Horipro and King Records in a specially designed Future Entertainment Zone
- Special Guests – The event will by hosted by Danny Choo (legendary shoe-designer Jimmy Choo’s son), and the festival will be visited by a host of special guests including celebrity cosplayers KANAME☆ and Singi and anime producers Go Nakanishi and Shinichiro Watanabe.