You have cheered on Alice, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine in their quest for survival against evil, the T-virus and the undead – Now experience a real life race and escape, right here on the streets of Singapore.
In celebration of the release of the fifth installment of the Resident Evil film franchise; Shaw Theatres presents the SHAW THEATRES IMAX Resident Evil: Retribution Race. On the 8 September, fans can gather at Orchard Road to race for survival and avoid getting ‘bitten’ by the 50 zombies, who are out to rob them of their ‘life tag’. The event will see two cosplayers dressed as Alice (played by Milla Jovovich in the movie) and Ada Wong (from the Resident Evil video game series) leading 200 participants down Orchard road, beginning at Concorde Hotel up to the finish line at Shaw House. The runners will have to dodge actors playing the zombies, whose main aim is to be an obstacle in the runners’ course.
The three survivors (winners) will win attractive cash prizes, Sony electronic products and spa vouchers, and the first 50 survivors will be invited to watch Resident Evil: Retribution in IMAX 3D on the movie’s opening day.
For those only looking watch, the best spots to catch the action are:
Ngee Ann City, Wisma and ION Orchard stretch along Orchard Road. The race will start at 19:00 hours on Saturday, 8 September 2012 (race participants will report at an earlier time).
There will also be a photo-taking session with the cosplayers after the race at Shaw House.
Race Starting Point: Open space opposite Concorde Hotel Singapore (100 Orchard Road)
Race End Point: Shaw House (350 Orchard Road)
For more details please visit:- https://www.shaw.sg/imax/residentevilrace/about.htm
Win SHAW THEATRES IMAX Goodie Bags!
Are you a diehard Resident Evil fan? We have 5 sets of exclusive SHAW THEATRES IMAX Goodie Bags worth $100 each to giveaway and here’s your chance to own one! To qualify, simply snap a picture of the race along with a creative caption!
Send us your entry along with your Name, FIN/NRIC, Email Address and Mobile Number to [email protected]. The 5 most interesting photo submission will stand to win!
Contest closing date: 16 September 2012, 23 59
Terms & Conditions:
1. This contest is only open to Singapore residents, except SingTel Digital Media Pte Ltd (“STDM”) employees
2. Contest will run from 9 September to 16 September 2012.
3. Participants are required to submit a photo of the race with a creative caption along with their Name, NRIC, email and mobile number to [email protected].
3. STDM is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. By providing your e-mail address, you grant STDM, the right to send you commercial messages.
4. Participants are allowed to submit more than 1 photo throughout the contest period. Only 1 photo gets to win an exclusive goodie bag.
5. Selection of the 5 winning photos will be determined by judges’ discretion.
6. Like us on Facebook to get alerts when we announce the winners by 21 September 2012.
7. To redeem the prizes, the winner must present his/her identification card number or passport bearing the name and number corresponding to the information given on the website. STDM may, at its sole and absolute discretion, declare any entry void if the winner fails to produce such proper identification documents.
8. Winner's name, pictures and prizes may be used for publicity reasons by STDM. Winner’s information may be used for marketing, planning, promotions, research, events and/or any other purposes and programs henceforth. Acceptance of the prize is considered as consent to this usage.
9. All entry content shall become the property of STDM with Contestants agreeing to allow STDM to use and/or amend the entry contents in any manner it deems fit, including publishing the answers of the winners on STDM's websites, press and/or any other media. STDM fully reserves the rights to such publications.
10. STDM reserves the right at any time to replace any participant and/or winner subsequently found to be disqualified for any reason.
11. STDM reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s)