Kenshin Himura is a legendary swordsman in the wars accompanying the turbulent fall of Japan’s Shogunate in the 19th century. Once feared as ‘Battosai the Killer’, he has adopted a peaceful life since the arrival of the ‘new age’ in Japanese history.
But Makoto Shishio, the ‘Shadow Killer’ who succeeded to Kenshin’s position in the service of the new government, has since then been active in the Kyoto underworld. Because he knew too much of the dark side of the new government, he was stabbed and his body set on fire. He survived, however and, wrapped in bandages, has raised an army of disaffected former samurai with the aim of overthrowing the new regime.
Agreeing to a request by Toshimichi Okubo, the Home Minister, Kenshin leaves his friends in Tokyo and sets out for Kyoto. He and Shishio are a match in skill and in wits, but their aims are opposite. Kenshin seeks to preserve the nation without breaking his vow that he will kill no more.
Don’t miss this sequel to the movie adaptation of the popular Japanese manga by Nobuhiro Watsuki.
We have 10 sets of RUROUNI KENSHIN: KYOTO INFERNO movie passes and premiums for 10 lucky winners! The whole set consists of:
1 x pair of complimentary movie passes (valid from 8 Sep 2014 until end of movie run)
1 x pc Eco Friendly Post-It Set
1 x pc Sports Bottle with Cup (Red or Blue)
1 x pc A5 Notebook
Simply answer this question correctly to stand a chance!
Q: What was Kenshin Himura once feared as?
a. “Battosai the Killer”
b. “Shadow Killer”
c. “Hidden Watcher"
Submit your answers along with your particulars below.
The contest has ended. Thank you for your participation! Congratulations to the winners.
|Sen Owe Yong||Sxxxx674D|
|Wei-Nien Linus Low||Sxxxx337F|
|Wai San Tang||Sxxxx684F|
|Loo Tee Hunt||Sxxxx471C|
The winners will be notified by email. Please check email for collection details.
Movie Pass T&Cs:
The movie passes may be used from 8 September 2014 until the end of the movie run.
The movie passes are only valid to watch ‘RUROUNI KENSHIN: KYOTO INFERNO' movie.
The movie passes can be used at all cinemas showing ‘RUROUNI KENSHIN: KYOTO INFERNO'.
Contest ends: 31 August 2014, Sunday
Terms and Conditions
1. The “Win ‘RUROUNI KENSHIN: KYOTO INFERNO’ movie passes and premiums” contest (the “Contest”) is organised SingTel Digital Media Pte. Ltd (the “Organiser”), who is the operator of the inSing website and all its subsidiaries.
2. Your participation in the Contest shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the terms and conditions herein (the “Terms”).
3. The Contest is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents / Student / Work Pass holders over the age of 18. Employees of the Organizer, its associated companies, sub-contractors and agents and their immediate families may participate in the Contest but are not eligible to win or claim the Prize. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide the Organizer or a third party appointed by the Organiser with proof of age and/or identity.
4. The Contest will run from 15 August to 31 August 2014 and will close on 31 August 2014 at 23:59 hours.
5. Participants to the Contest (the “Participant(s)”) are required to answer the question(s) posted in the contest article. To qualify, Participants must fill up their particulars and submit their answers in the entry form within the contest article and click on the “submit” button.
6. The Organizer shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. Multiple entries submitted through by the same individual per NRIC / Passport Number / Email will be disqualified.
7. The Participant’s information may be used for marketing, planning, promotions, research, events and/or any other purposes and programs henceforth. If you do not consent to your information being used in the above manner, please do not participate in this Contest.
8. The Participant grants to the Organiser a perpetual, full and unrestricted license to use all content in the Contest entries submitted by the Participant in any way and the Organiser may use or amend the content in the Contest entries in any manner it deems fit, including publishing the answers on the Organiser’s websites, press and/or any other media. If you do not consent to the grant of such a license, please do not participate in this Contest.
9. The Organiser will select 10 winners to win the prize(s) (the “Prize”). The determination of the best entry shall be at the sole discretion of the Organiser. The Organiser’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the award of the Prize and shall not be subject to review or appeal by you or any third party. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any Winner subsequently found to be disqualified for any reason.
10. The judging of the entries will be conducted on Monday, 1 September 2014 at 10am and the winning participant(s) (the “Winner(s)”) will be announced at about 12pm. Like us on Facebook to get alerts when we announce the Winner(s).
11. The Organiser shall notify the Winner(s) via e-mail.
12. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Winner does not collect the Prize by Friday, 19 September 2014, the Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his / her claim to the prize and the Organizer shall not have any obligation whatsoever to compensate the Winner in any way.
13. To redeem the Prize, the Winner must present his/her identification card/passport bearing the name and identification number corresponding to the information given in the entry form submitted by the Participant. The Organiser may, at its sole and absolute discretion, declare any entry void if the Winner fails to produce the above.
14. The Prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The Winner shall be solely responsible for any taxes levied by the relevant authorities in relation to the delivery or receipt of the Prize.
15. The Organizer reserves the right to disclose the Winner’s name and identity, and use the Winner’s pictures for publicity purposes.
16. The Organizer reserves the rights to change the Prize to something of similar value even after it has been officially announced.
17. Your participation in The Contest is considered your agreement that the Organizer may contact you for marketing purposes.
18. By entering the Contest, the Participant to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any damages whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection The Contest or the acceptance of the Prize.
19. The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to cancel, modify or suspend The Contest if, in its sole judgment, The Contest is not capable of being conducted as specified.
20. The Organizer reserves the right to alter these Terms at any time and in its sole discretion.
21. These Terms and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Singapore law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.